The 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade

(1 Samodzielna Brygada Spadochronowa)

How To Get Your Polish Relatives Polish Military Records

It might be possible that records from your Polish relatives time in the Polish forces within Poland are on file. Many records were destroyed by the Russians in 1939 (Including my grandfathers), hopefully you will have more success than me! Here is the detail you require:

Address To Write To:

Central Military Archives
ul. Pontonierow 2A
00-910 Warsaw 72

tel. +48 261-814-637
fax + 48 261-813-749

Also try here:

Central Military Archives
ul. Czerwonych Beretów 124

1939 Campaign POW Records

If your relative fought in the 1939 campaign and became a POW (Around 200,000 did) then you can also apply here as well. Bear in mind that you may only become aware of whether they fought in the 1939 campaign AFTER getting the records from the MOD in the UK. On these MOD records it will detail if they fought in the 1939 campaign.

Central Museum of POWs in Łambinowiceul

Minorytów 345-019



Information To Provide To Both Entities

Remember to include:

  • The name of your relative (including all variants)
  • Their date of birth
  • Military unit (if known)
  • Proof of kinship i.e all birth certificates leading back the way to the one that named your relative.